자유게시판

who does crawford fight next

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Savannah Sammon…
댓글 0건 조회 3회 작성일 24-09-23 20:11

본문

A Golden Gloves silver medalist, Crawford made his pro debut in 2008. Crawford became light-welterweight champion in 2014 and, by 2017, held the WBO, WBC, WBA, and IBF titles. In 2018, Crawford beat Jeff Horn for the WBO welterweight title. He has defended the belt five times, his last fight a TKO victory over Shawn Porter in November 2021.

046_Spence_Crawford_Weigh-ins-boxing-photo.jpg"On July 29, I’m going to put on a tremendous performance and become the undisputed king of the welterweight division. This is truly going to be a night to remember, one where history is made, and I want everyone to be a part of it."

There was nothing that could stop Bud at that point. His next 35 fights were all the same, all ending with him as the victor. So, when it came to ending the years of walking by each other — the countless flexing together in pictures on the internet, to declarations about who was the badder man — Bud told me he simply called Errol and hashed out the terms. How long it took, no longer made a difference.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has made a major commitment to boxing since 2019, when it staged the Anthony Joshua-Andy Ruiz heavyweight championship rematch. The kingdom's interest in boxing grew exponentially when Alalshikh entered the fray last year with October's Tyson Fury-Francis Ngannou fight in the capital city of Riyadh.

As of December 2019, Crawford is ranked as the world's second best active boxer, pound for pound, by BoxRec and ESPN, and fourth by The Ring and the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (TBRB). He is also ranked as the world's best active welterweight by Boxrec, second by The Ring, and third by ESPN and the TBRB. Crawford was named Fighter of the Year by the Boxing Writers Association of America in 2014, and by ESPN in 2014 and 2017.

Fundora was joined in the ring after his win by former unified welterweight titlist Errol Spence (28-1, 22 KOs), No. 1 at 147. It was heavily suggested prior to Saturday that Spence would face the winner of the main event. That theme carried over into the post-fight in-ring interview.

"To be honest, I never wanted to be an Olympic gold medalist," Crawford said. "Midge and BoMac, they wanted me to stay in the amateurs and win a gold medal because they know how tough it is coming out of Nebraska. I wanted to be a world champion."

If Crawford signs with PBC or remains a promotional free agent, he'll surely have more options in terms of opponents. But he has earned tens of millions with Top Rank, and if making the Porter fight a reality is any indication, perhaps crossing the promotional street is becoming more realistic.

Close round. Porter closed the gap midway through and landed a right hand against the ropes. Crawford landed a short right and then closed the round with a couple hard connected punches. I lean Crawford.

Round 6: Feints galore coming from Madrimov right now. Madrimov leads with his jab and walks Crawford to the ropes. Crawford answers with a flurry. He sneaks a left hand past Madrimov’s guard. Right hand from Madrimov, Crawford throws out a combination. There appears to be a mouse developing under Crawford’s right eye. Madrimov whiffs on a big overhand. Madrimov lunges into an uppercut, Crawford ties up. Nasty body work by Crawford to close out the round. MMA Fighting scores it 10-9 Madrimov. (57-57 overall.)

Is an annual DAZN subscription worth the money? It depends on how big a boxing fan you are, and what weight does crawford fight at other sports are important to you. Our complete DAZN explanation guide should help you make an informed decision and help you find out how to get DAZN on your TV.

Crawford had stopped the opponent in 11 straight bouts, but that streak ended in his first fight at 154 pounds. Madrimov was able to handle and equal Crawford’s power, leading to a canny tactical contest.

Kim: In a perfect world, unified champion, Errol Spence Jr., would be the guy. Prior to Spence's one-car accident back in October, this fight was considered one of the very best matchups that could be made in all of boxing. Not only are Spence and Crawford considered the two best welterweights in the world, but they are also mainstays on pound-for-pound lists.

He did—one, Terence "Bud" Crawford—and that’s what mattered. Just the little punk—his words—from Omaha who saw far beyond his state and far beyond what most expected from him in his sport. His in-ring interview continued, and the emotional tsunami of the moment hit him harder than Spence ever had all night. "I have so many emotions I could cry right now," he said.

In August 2017, Crawford had a short reign as the undisputed light welterweight champion, prior to moving up to welterweight. He was the most recent undisputed titlist at light welterweight since Kostya Tszyu in 2004. Crawford became the first male boxer to simultaneously hold all four major world titles in boxing (WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO) since Jermain Taylor in 2005, and is one of only seven boxers in history to do so, male or female, together with Taylor, Bernard Hopkins (2004), Cecilia Brækhus (2014), Oleksandr Usyk (2018), Claressa Shields (2019) and Katie Taylor (2019).

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.